Q. What is The Barrens?
- The Barrens is a Burning Crusade World of Warcraft server based in Sydney, Australia.
Q. What client version is required to connect to The Barrens?
Q. What is the realm type?
Q. What will you do about faction balance?
- Faction balance will be closely monitored and changes or issues will be communicated to the community to determine possible solutions.
Q. What is the progression state of the content, spells, talents and itemisation?
- Content patches will be released in a Blizzlike fashion, starting from 2.0 going through to 2.4
Spells and Talents are 2.4.3 Based
NPC's / Dungeons / Raids / Quests / Items are progression based.
Q. What end game content will be available upon release of the TBC server?
- Karazhan, Gruul's Lair, Magtheridon's Lair, Serpentshrine Cavern and Tempest Keep. Content will be gated by patch appropriate attunements.
Q. What will the XP rates be like?
- There are selectable XP Rates for players below level 60. These rates are only active whilst in Azeroth zones.
The rates are between 1x and 4x.
Q. How can I set my XP rate?
- Commands will be available in game to adjust your XP Rate.
Q. Will many Outlands consumables stack with another as it did in 2.0.4?
- No, Guardian elixirs, Battle Elixirs, Flasks and other consumable items will overwrite each other as per the behaviour in patch 2.4.3 of original TBC.
Q. Will raid bosses be tuned to their nerfed status? or be untouched in their pre-nerfed state?
- No, they will be tuned to an appropriate version that was considered killable.